The Far West End church now has one in-person Adult Sabbath School Class at 10:15 AM and an in-person Worship Service at 11:30 AM. All other adult and children Sabbath School classes will continue to be held via Zoom. The church will continue to provide the worship service on YouTube.
Here are some things that will help you to prepare for a safe and responsible church re-opening. In order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are taking the following precautions to protect you and your family.
Before coming to church
Screening readiness: If you have any of the following conditions you are not ready for the in-person church worship.
- Flu like symptoms within the last 14 days.
- Fever, cough, sore throat, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath and loss of taste and smell.
High risk category: If you are in the high risk category per government guidelines, you are encouraged to continue virtual worship during the stage 1 church reopening period. See Virginia Phase 1 Guidelines for Religious Services for details. Children younger than 10 years old are encouraged not to attend church during the stage 1 reopening period.
Bring to church:
- Face covering, it is required by law for everyone to wear a face mask.
- Hand sanitizer, the church will also provide it if you do not have hand sanitizer.
Inside the church
- There will be a screening process with temperature taking and you will be asked if you have had any flu like symptoms within the last 14 days or any of the other symptoms listed above.
- If you fail the screening, you will not be able to attend the church in person per government requirements.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet between households.
- Facemasks must be worn at all times.
- Refrain from physical contact such as shaking hands and hugs.
- Limit use of the church building to the foyer, sanctuary and bathrooms.
- No food or drink inside the church building.
- Remain in your seat until the end of church service if possible.
- You will be ushered in and out of the church.
- Two people will be allowed to use the bathroom at a time.
Outside the church building
- Enjoy socializing outside of the church building before or after worship service while maintaining social distancing.
Coronovirus Event Update 3-17-2020
Coronovirus Event Update 3-15-2020